Power of Full Engagement Summary:
How to harness your best energy:
- Think of yourself as a sprinter – Key to growth is oscillation.
- Expend and renew energy – Create rituals to renew yourself.
- Push beyond your comfort zone – This is the way to improve your energy level
- Create Rituals – Use willpower to create rituals/habits
4 different kinds of energy:
- Physical Energy –
- Emotional Energy – Pleasant and positive emotions make us perform at our very best.
- Mental Energy – Your ability to bring your best cognitive abilities on whatever you are working on is crucial to getting great results.
- Spiritual Energy – The most powerful purpose is always something beyond our limited wants or desires.
Power of Full Engagement Full Summary Transcript
A really profound book – because the fundamental idea here is that it’s all about managing your energy, not your time. That is the key to high performance in your life…. because we all have fixed amount of time in our lives, we all have the same 24 hours a day but how we manage those 24 hours in terms of the energy that we bring to the daily efforts, for different efforts really makes the difference between peak performance – doing great things versus not being able to do any great things in our lives.