Don’t focus on getting it in, focus on getting it out.
- Retrieve it from memory
- Connect to other ideas
How learning happens:
- Short term memory
- Long term storage – connected to what you know
- The brain shapes them and tries to make sense of them
- Wrestle with it, explain it, draw it, do exercise on it. That all helps make it stick.
Anything you want to make stick, you must recall it over and over again.
- Spacing out the practice.
- Effort full retrieval is key
- The harder it is… The better
- Peter Brown’s Website
- GET the Audiobook for “Make It Stick” on Audible
- 100 Ways to Develop the #1 Ingredient of Success
- How to Get Exponential Results
- GET “Make It Stick” on Amazon
- Download 40 Free Book Summaries & Action Guides
- Listen to an Audiobook of Your Choice for Free