How trust develops:
- Trust building is the most important networking activity
- You can teach trust
- Move from Taking to building trust
- Its about teaching and learning
- What you need
- What they can count on you for
- And learning the same from others
- 2 components of trust = Competence and Character
- Think of Trust as 2×2 matrix of Competence and Character
How relationships develop – Your networks are always becoming. They are either growing or dying.
The 6 stages of increasing intimacy:
Create a networking project that will take you to your BIG goal 1-3 years from now.
- Time to be invested
- Money to be invested
- Expected Returns
- Your arenas – Identify 6 arenas to participate in that will align with your goals
- Find new arenas that you will need for your big goal
The Doorway Test
- Who do you need to know and How do you want them to perceive you?
- Where will you find them?
- How can you participate in their arenas
- Put yourself in a doorway so that you meet the people you need to meet
- Find or create a doorway
Bottom Line Test
- Will this arena/network take you to your desired end result?
Pig in the mud test?
- Are you happy and fulfilled when you are playing in the 6 arenas?
- Lynne Waymon’s website
- GET “Make Your Contacts Count” on Amazon
- 100 Ways to Develop the #1 Ingredient of Success
- How to Get Exponential Results
- Download 40 Free Book Summaries & Action Guides
- Listen to an Audiobook of Your Choice for Free