We need to shrink our execution cycle from 12 months to 12 weeks. Having a long period of time does not create a sense of urgency which is essential to FAST execution.
- Deadlines and Urgency
- Parkinson’s law: Work expands to fill the time allotted to it.
- Shrink the time you allocate to your tasks in order to Execute much faster
- Greatness in the moment: The key is to be great in the moment every day and that builds over time. You can not wait for a magical moment to be great. We have to do greatness every single day.
- Commitment – How to get yourself to commit:
- Keystone Actions: Really important actions that must be done every day.
- Accountability: Commit to others in order to ensure that you will take action
- Paying the price: We have to identify the price we need to pay and then go about paying the price.
- Burning the boats – There is no retreat. Either you take the island or you perish.
5 Step Process
- Vision – Clarify the end outcome
- Planning – Plan your week every week. Plan out the key strategic items in your calendar as non-negotiable appointments.
- Process Control – Will power is not enough to get you where you want to go. We need to have processes in order to execute.
- Institute weekly accountability meeting with others to keep yourself honest.
- Write your goals down – don’t just keep them in your head.
- Measurement drives Execution – What gets measured
- Lead measures – Process measures
- Lag Measures – Outcomes
- Measurement has to be timely and frequent
- Have a scorecard – Must score 85% on your execution.
- Time Use – You have to design your week and days.
- 100 Ways to Develop the #1 Ingredient of Success
- How to Get Exponential Results
- Download 40 Free Book Summaries & Action Guides
- Listen to an Audiobook of Your Choice for Free